Norrskär

The island group of Norrskär consists of two main islands called Östra Norrskär (Southern Norrskär) and Västra Norrskär, or just Norrskär (Western Norrskär/Norrskär), and several smaller islands. This group of islands is the most isolated island group in the Kvarken archipelago.

The lighthouse was built in 1848 on the highest point of the island. Norrskär has also been a military stronghold from the Second World War until the year 2000, when Military forces left the island. Because of its rich birdlife and sensitive nature, Norrskär is only suited for smaller groups or single visitors.

Boat transport

Cruises